Dr. Paul M Nzioki, PhD
Director, Quality Assurance and Standards
DIRECTORATE OF QUALITY ASSURANCE AND STANDARDS
The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Standards in Laikipia University takes the leadership and initiative in the institutional quality assurance. The Directorate guides the institution in making judgment of its performance for future enhancement of services by ensuring quality research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy that helps in the realization of the University’s vision of becoming a University of valued transformation of society.
- Quality Assurance and Standards
- To develop and implement an effective and efficient quality assurance and enhancement framework in accordance with the University’s Strategic Plan, Vision and Mission statements.
- To advice and ensure that the University conforms to existing government regulations governing the higher education sector.
- To audit and evaluate the University’s quality assurance procedures and assessment regulations, and recommend strategies for improvement.
- To recommend approval of major changes to academic programmes.
- To recommend termination of non-performing collaborative and student exchange, teaching and learning arrangements with partner organizations or institutions.
- To coordinate all professional accreditation and external assessment activities.
- To monitor and oversee internal quality assurance mechanisms of all Departments, Centres of excellence, Colleges, Schools, Institutes, and other resource and administrative units as may be appropriate.
- To promote good practice in quality assurance and standards.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned to it by Senate.
Besides its role in quality assurance, the Directorate is also in charge of;
- Complaints Handling and Management Infrastructure
Laikipia University is committed to addressing mal-administration through effective complaints handling and alternative dispute resolution; promotion of good governance and efficient public service delivery.
In this regard, the University has established a complaints handling and management infrastructure that includes the institution’s complaints procedure, the resolved service delivery charter and complaints register. More information on the management infrastructure is provided as follows:
|Physical Location and Postal Address:
Laikipia University (Main Campus)Directorate of Quality Assurance and Standards
P.O. Box 1100 – 20300
Director, Quality Assurance and Standards
Dedicated Telephone Line: +254(0)713 552761
|Report directly to the Commission on Administrative Justice|
- Promotion of National Values and Principles of Governance within the University;
The University through the Directorate of Quality Assurance and Standards in liaison with the Directorate of National Cohesion and National Values, Department of Interior and Coordination of National Government, Nairobi; is committed in the realization of National Values and Principles of Governance in line with The Constitution of Kenya – Article 10 (2)
- Ensuring that Laikipia University Quality Management System processes are established, implemented and maintain;
Laikipia University is ISO 9001:2008 certified. The scope of the ISO certification covers Design, Development and Delivery of Teaching, Learning, Research and Community Service covering all Academic Departments and Support Services. The certification is a testimony of the University’s commitment in maintaining the highest possible standards in provision of quality teaching, learning, research and community service for valued transformation of society.
Laikipia University Quality Management System has been developed and is being implemented in line with the University’s mission of serving the students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy. The University shall therefore fully comply with the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 Standard and continually improve on its effectiveness by ensuring implementation of its quality management system.
The University commits to continually cultivate and nurture a quality culture by implementing both internal and external quality assurance mechanisms so as to achieve highest academic standards that are benchmarked nationally, regionally and globally. This will sustain continuous production of highly trained and quality graduates.
To ensure continued improvement in customer satisfaction, the University conducts at least two internal quality audits, two management review meetings and at least one external surveillance audit by SGS Ltd. annually to assess opportunities for improvement and need for changes to the quality management system. The University endeavors to improve and maintain this great achievement and will soon transit to ISO 9001:2015.