Laikipia University and Karlstad University – Sweden have a collaboration with a common purpose in the development and dissemination of knowledge; promotion of international understanding; enhancement of educational and academic opportunities for the institutions, students and staff; and provision of service to their respective communities. This has well been achieved through the exchange programme between the two institutions since 1998 that has so far benefited many students and staff.
In this 2017/2018 academic year, the Linnaeus-Palme Foundation is sponsoring four (4) students; two (2) from Laikipia University to Karlstad University and two (2) from Karlstad University to Laikipia University for one (1) semester beginning on 8th January, 2018 at Laikipia and 22nd January, 2018 at Karlstad.
Applications for this 2017/18 exchange programme are hereby invited for considerations based on the following criteria:
- Must be a regular student of Laikipia University;
- Must have actively participated in student’s activities and programmes within the University;
- Must have participated in community based programmes outside the University;
- Must NOT have a disciplinary case; and
- Must fall within the relevant department and programme of Karlstad University as confirmed through https://www5.kau.se/en/education/causes/in-english.
Applications should reach the Coordinator, Directorate of External Linkages & Human Rights by Tuesday, 19th September, 2017.