Prof. Charles Nguta, PhD
Dean School of Science and Applied Technology
The School of Science and Applied Technology has three Departments namely: Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science. The School has 13 members of teaching staff and an experienced team of technical staff.
A centre of excellence for quality research and innovation.
The School is committed to generation and dissemination of knowledge through quality training and research for valued socio-economic transformation.
- To undertake research for innovation and sustainable development.
- To conduct seminars, workshops and conferences in science related fields
- To create a conducive environment for academic growth.
- To create and offer programmes to meet the needs of the society.
Departments and Programmes
The academic departments are:-
- Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Technology
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Physics
Department of Mathematics
- Institute of Arid Lands Management
Each department offers Bridging, Certificate ,Diploma and Degree Courses
The School also intends to prepare and sell the following products:
- Distilled water
- Soap and detergents
- Bottled Mineral Water
For More Information, Contact
School of Science and Applied Technology
Laikipia University ,
P.O. Box 1100-20300,
Telephone: 0723 100 790