The School of Humanities and Development Studies welcomes you to Laikipia University in the academic pursuit of your degree programme. The school offers various programmes that have been approved by the University Senate. The mode of study is full-time, school-based and weekend / evening studies.
To contribute to the generation and dissemination of relevant knowledge in the humanities and development studies for prosperity and sustainable development .
Goal of the School
To provide quality education and training in humanities and development studies.
General Objectives of the School
- To create and offer programmes that address market/socio-economic needs.
- To conduct research and develop outreach programmes to enhance capacity of local communities in resource utilization, management and conservation for wealth creation and sustainable livelihoods.
- To provide opportunities for academic advancement and skills development.
- To provide opportunities for local and international linkages.
- To conduct seminars, workshops and conferences in Humanities and Development Studies and other related areas.
The School has four Departments, namely;
The School has very highly qualified and committed staff of 33 members.
- 4 Associate Professor
- 7 Senior Lecturers
- 13 Lecturers
- 9 Assistant Lecturer