Prof. John Kanjogu, PhD
Dean School of Education
Welcome to the world of academia. Laikipia University School of Education warmly welcomes you to the academic pursuit of your degree programmes. The School offers four programmes, which have been approved by the Senate. The programmes prepares students for a career in teaching, education and management, supervision, curriculum development and supervision and examination.
The School of Education has an academic Dean who is the academic and administrative head of the School in accordance with the statues of Laikipia University.
The School comprises departments headed by chairpersons as the academic and administrative heads. We have the following departments.
Each student will be allocated an academic supervisor who will assist them through their academic well being in the university. The advisor will be one of the lecturers in various departments.
Deferment of studies
Students who may wish to defer studies must get permission to do so. This is done by applying to the Registrar (AA) through the academic dean.
Registration of courses is handled by respective Chairs of Departments. You are advised to seek for advice before you choose particular subject of study. We have a variety of subject combination from which you will make your choice.
All year 1 & 2 course will be compulsory. Some elective will be offered in year 3 & 4.
There may be students who might want to study other disciples not available in the School . They will be allowed to fill in Inter-School transfer forms within the first two weeks. They will then be informed of the results of their applications in due course.
The Programmes being offered include the following;
- Diploma in Education (Primary Option) – School-Based
- Diploma in Education (Secondary Option) – Regular and School-Based
- Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Regular and School-Based)
Bachelor Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Option) – Regular and School-Based
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Option) – School-Based: Mathematics, Languages, and Social Studies
- Bachelor of Education in Agricultural Education
Master Degree Programmes
- Master of Education in Educational Management
- Master of Education in Guidance and Counselling
- Counselling Psychology
- Educational Management
- Educational Psychology
- Philosophy of Education